Friday, May 22, 2009

The Number One Watch Enemy - Water (again)

I have dealt with numerous cases of watches with severe water damage and I have to admit by experience that this is by far the most frustrating part of running a watch repair business.
The photos below show the extent of water damage penetrating to the case of this poorly-treated Swiss beauty.

Water Damage to watch
Water Damage to watch
Water Damage to watch
Water Damage to watch
Water Damage to watch

The watch owner swore on stacks of Bibles that he always locks the winding crown before washing his hands. From the amount of rust in the case, I seriously doubted the veracity of his words.

According to him, the authorised service quoted $6,500 for repair (I did believe in this part of his confession), but I am afraid I do not have good news either...

Will keep you posted on this one. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What ever happened to this watch? How did you manage to repair this?

Anonymous said...

I would love to hear the story of the repair of this watch...