Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Important. Please read.

As I type this, our Kern Micro is to be loaded on a ship at Bremerhaven port, Germany, to start its voyage to Sydney.
It is expected to arrive in March. Once installed, it will be the most precise 5 axis milling machine - not only in Australia, but in the entire Southern Hemisphere.

Our machine was commissioned in March 2021, built per our specification and paid off in full last week. 
We shook hands with the Germans over zoom, and they delivered as promised, on time, as per specs.
Now, it is all in God's hands; we pray for calm seas and a safe voyage. Yes, the machine is fully insured as well, just in case.
However, once the new mill arrives, we are still not done. Here is the timeline:

March: GST payable on import (100K), transport costs (21K), local installation (10K)
April: German engineers arriving; installation and calibration (50K)
May: tooling (50-75K, initial setup)
July: 10 days training in Germany (25K)
First parts to be machined: September 2022.

Clearly, we are not there yet. The next 10 months are going to be packed with action, the acquisition of tools, and learning how to get most out of this demanding 'Ferrari' of precision manufacturing. And we will continue to bleed cash. 

I am not sharing all of this just to brag about it. I am sharing the excitement because we need to plan for the future. Together.

There is no better way to support Australian manufacturing than to invest in an Australian watch.

Here is the deal: today, I am happy to offer Mark 1 (40mm automatic watch) on 10 monthly instalments, at $360 per month.

And because our business is based on trust, I am happy to ship that Mark 1 the moment we shake hands on the deal. 
I trust you will do the right thing and pay off your watch over the next 10 months. 

While a $360 monthly instalment is not that much money, your continued support will mean a lot to us. It will provide us with the peace of mind and enable us to complete the project, on time. 

As a very special 'thank you for your support' I will throw in a 10 year guarantee on your Mark 1. That will include a complete overhaul when the watch is due for one, in 5 years time - completely free of charge. 

To place your order now, and have the watch shipped today, reply to this email and Gemma will get back to you ASAP. $360 per month, that's all.

You will love your Mark 1 and you will wear it with pride. Guaranteed. I will leave you with the below feedback on this very watch, received over the weekend.
"Hi Nick

I am sure you meet many people and may not remember me, but I vividly remember the day we met at your shop.

Your story inspired me so much that I insisted to Gemma that I see you when I came to collect my MK1. She was reluctant and with my persistence got her to get you to see me. I am glad you did and for releasing your lucky serial number 88 to me. 

I am continuing to tell the inspiring story of the Aussie Made watch movement to the younger generation. The MK1 has found a new home on the wrist of my son, on his first day of work.

I told him that the watch represents hard work, a will to win and most of all a lifetime of dedication to excellence in watchmaking, and for him to reflect and live by those values each day he works.

The watch has not left his wrist and I thank you for continuing to stand for your passion and not giving up on a dream.

Your humble supporter,
Karl"


No comments: