Thursday, August 11, 2022

Big issue

 

The prototype of the yet-to-be-released Mark 2 was assembled last night, and I took it home to show it to Tanya.
The second person to see it was Eddie. This morning, on the way to work we literally bumped into each other- and I couldn't resist to share my excitement. "Big Issue!" - he said.

"Real watchmaker? I do know a guy who is a REAL watchmaker: that dude from Anthrax! What's his name...?"
"Dan Spitz"
"Yes, Dan Spitz. Do you know him?"
"Of course I do - actually, there is an hour long video of Dan and I talking about watchmaking!".

Eddie was completely blown away that we, two people standing on George street in Sydney have a common friend, Dan Spitz, a watchmaker from California.

"That is one fricken small world. What do you want me to say to your subscribers?"
"Nothing really, A photo of you holding my watch should say it all".
"So true, we are the legends".

You gotta love Sydney.
Nicholas Hacko Mark 2 features Titanium guilloche 'Curl Curl' waves dial, crafted from a single piece of titanium, as well as titanium hands and hour markers. Manufactured in Australia. 

No comments: