Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Kürtőskalács date

It is pronounced "koort-osh-kolach". The literal translation from Hungarian would be "a horned cake", or "chimney cake" in English. A typical winter delight, best enjoyed with coffee, koortosh is as central European as it gets.

Currently, there are 6 koortosh houses in Australia, and I can not think of a better destination for a romantic date on a cold winter evening. Be quick: the window of opportunity won’t last long; Sydney winters are brief.

Not long ago, Tanya joined the #sixty_and_ageing_digracefully club. Quite frankly, I was bit worried that from that point on, talking about age may become a problem; a topic which should not be discussed. Or even worse: that she may wish to hang onto the ‘late fifties’ fantasy rather than to embrace a new decade of her life.   

I was wrong. “Hiding my age? Are you crazy? I am going to wear more red and do things I have not had time to do before. Watch me!” – she said.

Thank you, my ‘rebelde’ girl.

No comments: